Pregnancy Counseling Program
Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley partnered with the Texas Pregnancy Care
Network to provide confidential support, encouragement, guidance and practical assistance
to women (and / or their family) who are undergoing a crisis pregnancy, so they
can feel supported and confident in choosing childbirth.
- confidential counseling and/or mentoring
- non-judgmental atmosphere of understanding and support
- materials assistance, such as maternity and baby clothing, food, and furniture
- temporary shelter referral
- pregnancy, childbirth and parenting classes
- referrals to other community agencies and medical resources
- hesitance with education and career decisions
- other related services necessary for the well-being of the mother and child
Biological parent who is pregnant or has an infant of up to one (1) year who is
undergoing a difficult / crisis pregnancy. Family members who are also undergoing
this crisis may also receive counseling services.
How We Can Help
Call us at any time, free of charge, at 1-888-LIFE AID and we'll connect you with
a pregnancy support counselor nearest to you. You can also call either office at
956-702-4088 in San Juan or 956-541-0220 in Brownsville. You can talk with someone
who has helped others through it and can get the support that you deserve. The counselors
are familiar with what you are going through. You are not alone.
- We can help you make informed choices and provide counseling to support you every
step of the way.
- If you are in school, we can help you find ways to continue your education.
- We can refer you to other supportive agencies for medical care, food, financial
help, and any other support you need to care for your baby.
- We can help you wish maternity and baby clothing, food, and furniture--whatever
you need to keep you and your baby healthy.
- if you don't have a place to live, we can search for temporary shelter for you--
a safe place where you can live before and even after your baby is born.
Donations for Baby Boutique needed.
Sr. Norma Pimentel, MJ, MA, LPC Supervisor
Benavides, M. A., LPC Intern
Sr. Norma Pimentel, M. A., Licensed Professional Counselor
Benavides, M. A., Licensed Professional Counselor Intern
Rey Garcia, M. A.,
Licensed Professional Counselor Intern